The success of HBO’s 24/7 has apparently gotten to a few NHL players. Dwayne Roloson, fresh off of a trade from the Islanders to the Lightning, is now staring in his own feature film. But he’s not the only one! NHL players have starred in a surprisingly large number of films. What’s even more surprising is that that they all seem to be parodies or remakes of other movies. Funny how that worked out.
Previous post The Dump and Chase – 01/06/2011
- Onward and upward: Thanks for everything from Backhand Shelf
- 5 reasons the Montreal Canadiens swept the Tampa Bay Lightning
- Why antagonists like Matt Cooke aren’t going anywhere soon
- How the Wild scored in OT to win Game 3, and what went wrong for the Avs
- The Chicago Blackhawks, David Backes, and why on-ice chirping from players is so frequent
- Supplementary discipline in the playoffs needs to improve
- Why calling off Tampa Bay’s goal in the second period was the right call
- How much are playoff tickets around the league?
- Systems Analyst: Tampa’s tough reads, and how Dale Weise found himself alone in front in overtime
- Why Sidney Crosby and the Penguins need to avoid engaging the Blue Jackets after whistles
- The 2013-14 NHL Awards: A transparent look at one voter’s ballot
- Predicting the outcomes of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals