The success of HBO’s 24/7 has apparently gotten to a few NHL players. Dwayne Roloson, fresh off of a trade from the Islanders to the Lightning, is now staring in his own feature film. But he’s not the only one! NHL players have starred in a surprisingly large number of films. What’s even more surprising is that that they all seem to be parodies or remakes of other movies. Funny how that worked out.
Previous post The Dump and Chase – 01/06/2011
- How much are playoff tickets around the league?
- Systems Analyst: Tampa’s tough reads, and how Dale Weise found himself alone in front in overtime
- Why Sidney Crosby and the Penguins need to avoid engaging the Blue Jackets after whistles
- The 2013-14 NHL Awards: A transparent look at one voter’s ballot
- Predicting the outcomes of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals
- Predicting the outcomes of the Western Conference quarterfinals
- 2014 Jersey Aesthetics: Ranking the 8 first-round playoff series on visual pleasure
- 23 players you can’t believe didn’t make it big in the NHL
- Systems Analyst: How Ryan Johansen’s positioning & instincts thrust Columbus into playoffs
- Why the playoff fates of St. Louis, Anaheim & Colorado lie in the race for the West
- Mike Gillis was a good GM for Vancouver, but it was time to go
- How coaches emotionally manipulate their players, and why that changes in playoffs