The “Big Cubano” Al Montoya talks goalie masks past and present in the latest installment of Face Paint. Has anyone noticed that Montoya boasts a 1.89 GAA and .935 save percentage in six appearences with the Isles this season? Probably not, but that’s ok. We’ve already hit our upper limit on Al Montoya themed posts for this season (2). A look back at Montoya’s cool King Kong and Times Square masks from his Rangers days makes for a great episode.
- Onward and upward: Thanks for everything from Backhand Shelf
- 5 reasons the Montreal Canadiens swept the Tampa Bay Lightning
- Why antagonists like Matt Cooke aren’t going anywhere soon
- How the Wild scored in OT to win Game 3, and what went wrong for the Avs
- The Chicago Blackhawks, David Backes, and why on-ice chirping from players is so frequent
- Supplementary discipline in the playoffs needs to improve
- Why calling off Tampa Bay’s goal in the second period was the right call
- How much are playoff tickets around the league?
- Systems Analyst: Tampa’s tough reads, and how Dale Weise found himself alone in front in overtime
- Why Sidney Crosby and the Penguins need to avoid engaging the Blue Jackets after whistles
- The 2013-14 NHL Awards: A transparent look at one voter’s ballot
- Predicting the outcomes of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals