The “Big Cubano” Al Montoya talks goalie masks past and present in the latest installment of Face Paint. Has anyone noticed that Montoya boasts a 1.89 GAA and .935 save percentage in six appearences with the Isles this season? Probably not, but that’s ok. We’ve already hit our upper limit on Al Montoya themed posts for this season (2). A look back at Montoya’s cool King Kong and Times Square masks from his Rangers days makes for a great episode.
- Predicting the outcomes of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals
- Predicting the outcomes of the Western Conference quarterfinals
- 2014 Jersey Aesthetics: Ranking the 8 first-round playoff series on visual pleasure
- 23 players you can’t believe didn’t make it big in the NHL
- Systems Analyst: How Ryan Johansen’s positioning & instincts thrust Columbus into playoffs
- Why the playoff fates of St. Louis, Anaheim & Colorado lie in the race for the West
- Mike Gillis was a good GM for Vancouver, but it was time to go
- How coaches emotionally manipulate their players, and why that changes in playoffs
- Yeah, you really don’t want to trade Alex Ovechkin right now
- Thoughts on Thoughts: Evander Kane too valuable for Jets to give up on
- Evander Kane’s relationship with the Winnipeg Jets seems beyond repair
- Court of Public Opinion: How many games does Zac Rinaldo deserve for his latest leaping hit?