Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!
The Winnipeg Jets will finally unveil their jersey design!
Apparently the Jets, who didn’t feel that a jersey was necessary for things like the draft, the rookie hockey card photo shoot and NHL 12, have decided that they’re going to release one before the season starts.
What will it look like? No one knows. Hopefully it’s nicer than the terrible knockoffs we posted about recently.
All kidding aside, the Jets logo is quite nice. It received mixed reactions when it was unveiled, but some negative commentary can be tied to a connection with the old Jets logo. But these are the new Jets and the logo suits the team quite well.
As long as they don’t decide to do anything crazy involving piping and vertical stripes (like some teams did when the RBK Edge jerseys first appeared) we think the jerseys will work out quite well. The team has a good colour scheme and a good logo, so the jerseys will probably be quite nice as well.
So what will they look like? No one really knows, but this is what we have heard so far:
- They won’t look anything like the knockoff posted above.
- There is a rumour that they won’t feature any red except for the maple leaf on the logo.
- There will only be a home and away jersey which means there will be no third jersey this season.
- The pants will be blue and look like this, according to a photo posted on Twitter by Blake Wheeler.
- Authentic jerseys will be available for purchase in October and replicas will be on sale in November.
Releasing the design in September but not selling the jerseys until October seems to be inviting even more counterfeit jerseys into the market, but that’s apparently the plan. The RCMP seized a shipment of knockoff Jets jerseys a couple of days ago, so they counterfeit market is definitely hopping. Maybe the team has sped up the process somehow and will have the jerseys for sale sooner, but we’re not sure.