Gooood afternoon (or whatever time of day it is where you are). Today’s edition of the Backhand Shelf Podcast was a fun one.
At the end, we spend some time with Backhand Shelf writer Ellen Etchingham, who fills us in on how she came to be a hockey fan, and more importantly, how she came to be so damn good at writing about it.
We also touch on….
* What Crosby’s return means to the Penguins – will they become favourites in the East?
* Niklas Kronwall didn’t get suspended for putting Jakub Voracek into another dimension. I’m okay with it, Pizzo isn’t.
* Brian Burke hung up on a radio host for questioning his job status. Called him “gutless.”
* Dmitry Orlov shoved a linesman (as Pizzo put it “Elaine Benes style”). That’s frowned upon.
* Wagering Wednesdays. Last week’s winner picks a pret-ty, pret-ty cool name.
* And as always….much more.
You can listen to it here: