I was tinkering around on Reddit Hockey today, and saw that user bardown10 had Googled “when will the NHL regular season start,” which gave him the result “December 1st.” I tried, and boom – there you have it. All I know is, I’m not one to argue with Google. They’ve got friends in high places, man. Maybe Bettman’s given them the inside scoop.
Posted by Justin Bourne under Hey Cool, Tidbits on Oct 31, 2012
- Onward and upward: Thanks for everything from Backhand Shelf
- 5 reasons the Montreal Canadiens swept the Tampa Bay Lightning
- Why antagonists like Matt Cooke aren’t going anywhere soon
- How the Wild scored in OT to win Game 3, and what went wrong for the Avs
- The Chicago Blackhawks, David Backes, and why on-ice chirping from players is so frequent
- Supplementary discipline in the playoffs needs to improve
- Why calling off Tampa Bay’s goal in the second period was the right call
- How much are playoff tickets around the league?
- Systems Analyst: Tampa’s tough reads, and how Dale Weise found himself alone in front in overtime
- Why Sidney Crosby and the Penguins need to avoid engaging the Blue Jackets after whistles
- The 2013-14 NHL Awards: A transparent look at one voter’s ballot
- Predicting the outcomes of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals