We’re back! It’s Guest Tuesday, and in the wake of the John Scott/Phil Kessel/David Clarkson mayhem we figured it would be the perfect day to talk to James Mirtle, Toronto Maple Leafs’ beat writer for the Globe & Mail. James is consistently a source of reasoned thinking in a chaotic media market, which makes two weeks in a row we’ve had a guest like that.
I tried to avoid talking about the actual incident directly (right or wrong, YOUR CALL?!?) because that’s horse is both dead and well-beaten.
* Mirtle’s article “Leafs’ goon culture comes back to bite them“
* The Leafs’ infatuation with truculence
* Is Carlyle to blame for sending out Phil Kessel?
* A heavy going after a skill guy
* Being in the room after writing something that could be perceived as negative
* Public reaction to any writing that isn’t pro-fighting
* And much more
You can listen to it here: