* Like usual, Colin Wilson scored twice and had two assists for a four point game wait what? Damn, that’s a career night right there.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 28 of 29 shots from the Pittsburgh Penguins, who are usually pretty good at scoring goals. .966 save percentage there.
* Matt Duchene had a three point night, with a goal and two assists. But can we talk about how absurd this dude is? The talk is about him playing with Crosby in the Olympics. And hey, why not?
I don’t care if this should be in “other news” because it isn’t exactly game related, this is fantastic and has to be discussed. Adam Pardy gets hit through the glass in Chicago by Bollig, so a nearby fan decides to tear off Pardy’s bucket and wear it. His wife or girlfriend follows suit by pouring a beer on him. They’re smashed. It’s amazing.
First, how it happens:
Second, bask in the glory of the best part.
I know I should tsk-tsk a little at the fan etiquette on this one, and I will, once I stop laughing.
There was a borderline hit
Jamie McGinn smoked Seth Jones, which led to the latter heading to the dressing room for repairs.
McGinn charges, and maybe even jumps a bit. The hit is a bit from behind. It doesn’t look good, but there is the defense that Jones took contact right before the hit from another player, which altered his positioning at the last second. Decide if it’s suspendable or not for yourself:
Career first alert
Hampus Lindholm has both an amazing name, and an NHL goal.
Still holding the crown
While Matt Duchene is becoming the most exciting player in the league to watch, Patrick Kane is probably the dude he’s chasing. He did it again last night:
If you’re not a Twitter user, you really missed out during the whole Adam Pardy helmet fiasco. You missed some great points…
Sitting near Helmet Guy was probably torture RIGHT UP UNTIL HE STOLE A PLAYER’S HELMET! But man, before that? Probably insufferable.
— Pension Plan Puppets (@mlse) November 7, 2013
Some hilarious points…
It’s nice to see a Winnipeg Jet involved in blatant cap theft that isn’t Ondrej Pavelec. — Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) November 7, 2013
Some points that were a cross between great and hilarious…
Helmet man is between Piltdown man and Peking man on the evolutionary chart — JaredOfLondon (@JaredOfLondon) November 7, 2013
It was a lot of fun, get yourself a Twitter account, will ya?
— Adam Wazny (@wazoowazny) November 7, 2013
The Chicago beat writers just voted those two fans the 2nd and 3rd Stars of the game.
— The Royal Half (@theroyalhalf) November 7, 2013
* The Wayne Gretzky statue in his hometown? Yeah, the names “engraved” on the Cup aren’t exactly legit. Like, Kanye West, Ralph Waldo Emerson-style not legit.
* And finally, Tim Thomas is fifth in jersey sales in the NHL? The hell does that happen?