* Remember when the Boston Bruins traded a borderline #1 overall kid (he fell to #2) who helped them win a Stanley Cup for some “okay” guys? That may end up being a thing. Tyler Seguin had a
hat-trick four goal game against the Calgary Flames (still counts) to go with an assist last night which brings his point total on the season to 22 in 19 games …is that good?
* Oh, and hey: Jamie Benn had a six point night (one goal, five apples). That oughtta help your stats for the season (also at 22 in 19).
Get this guy on Team Canada, f’real though.
Benn is just the third @NHL player since 2009-10 to earn a six-point night. Gagner (EDM) had 8 in ’12 – Crosby (PIT) had 6 in ’10.
— Stars Communications (@StarsPR) November 15, 2013
* The Blues abused the Avalanche 7-3, so someone obviously had a big night – in this case, it was TJ Oshie, who had four assists. That’s a decent game.
Wasn’t too stressed at any point.
Let’s start with TyTy. He assisted on a goal, so y’know, his four goals will probably go unnoticed. (Yeah no.)
Okay, his goals might get noticed. Probably because the guy is a star.
His years learning to play in Boston are going to make him so valuable. Now it’s the fun part: just turn him loose.
The interesting thing about the four-goal game by the Stars Tyler Seguin was that he played 14:39, his second lowest ice time of the season
— Stan Nieradka (@smn013) November 15, 2013
What a call
It’s never about the commentator, but it’s really tough to do better than Jack Edwards does here. He kills the call on the Milan Lucic’s OT winner for the Bruins over Columbus.
Harry Neale is great at capturing the energy of a game. In this case, I thought Edwards showed a similar skill.
Radko Gudas is tough as heck. If you’re Teemu Selanne though – like, in your 40s…it has to be unfun to deal with punks like him.
Oh that went in, eh?
Not that I’m bitter as an Isles fan – the Kings are my second favorite team (the gap is massive, I might be bitter) – but when pucks hit you in the logo, they shouldn’t go in, right?
At least this incredible goal went in, who could stop that…
WHY CAN’T THE ISLES GET A GOALIE.
Ahem. I actually don’t mind Poulin. I even kinda like him. But geez – he was a huge reason they didn’t get a point last night.
Wait, that’s Tampa’s record?
The Lightning, after last night’s destruction of one of the best teams in the West – Anaheim – moved to 7-0-0 in games against the Western Conference. They’re now 14-5-0.
Here’s your highlights, because geez – that happened? What an interesting team.
Wait, what’s happening?
Alexander Steen is having a bonkers year. I mean, if he’s even average from here on out he’s having a “star” year. But as it currently sits…he’s kinda The Man. This is bizarre. LOOK:
Though, getting gifts like this…
…probably can’t last forever.
Luck aside, he’s established himself as a legit NHL scorer. This year he’s just taken the “legit scorer” label and taken it to The Next Level. Do with that what you will, hockey friends.
So, Tyler Seguin is tearing it up. I’m not saying here, I’m just saying…
Tyler Seguin for Team Canada?
I feel like if it weren’t for his reputation for partying, this would be a much more serious question.
* Holy crap: Chicago traded to get Kris Versteeg back, which is neat for them, but even better when you learn that the Panthers are going to eat half his salary for the next few years. He’ll be a Blackhawk at roughly 2.2 a year. It’s amazing. Here’s the deal, so you can decide for yourself if they made a good move or not:
“@GeorgeRichards: FLA trades Kris Versteeg/Phillipe Lefebvre for Jimmy Hayes/Dylan Olsen from CHI.”/FLA retains half of Versteeg $.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) November 15, 2013
* Good to see Jay and Dan last night. Also good to see Columbus really own the “Lumbus” nickname from Twitter last year and sort of combine the two on their lids.
…Okay, that’s just a mistake.
Big shout-out to the Blue Jackets (and Jay and Dan, separately) for their really sharp “Clumbus” buckets. pic.twitter.com/5h0KeHeThJ
— Justin Bourne (@jtbourne) November 15, 2013
* And finally, the League decided you can’t give goaltenders and little extra something while cruising through their crease. Nazem Kadri got suspended for three games, which you can check out here: