I can write all I like about what I think of the NHL’s new TV deal with Rogers, but there’s no chance I know half as much as a media reporter. And, I was lucky to get a little time with one of the best, The Globe & Mail’s Steve Ladurantaye, who could fill us in on everything we needed to know. There’s a lotta info crammed into a little time.
* How does this change the viewing experience of your average hockey fan
* What does this mean for blackouts
* How about GameCenter Live and Center Ice?
* Do you expect Rogers to change their production/hire talent
* What’s this mean for CBC? What does it mean for their advertising, money situation?
* And much more
You can listen to it here:
Also, here’s some info: TSN is hanging on to the original Hockey Night in Canada theme song. Move along, poachers.