* Ilya Bryzgalov pitched a shutout for the Edmonton Oilers, which is a really incredible sentence. Bryzgalov is back in the NHL? He plays for the Oilers? The Oilers shut a team out? The hell is going on here?
* Daniel Sedin had a goal and an assist, which pushes him to 15th in league scoring (24 points in 27 games). The Sedins are going to be good for a looong time. (I should also mention that Henrik had two assists, which gives him 27 in 27, 9th in league scoring.)
* Jordan Eberle is on a similar pace. His goal and assist last night gives him 22 in 26 games.
It’s not quite the Bernie Mack movie, but it’s a nice milestone – Daniel Sedin scored his 300th career goal last night off a great forecheck from Alex Burrows and a nice pass from some guy who looks like him. BTW, what’s better than fresh ice? God that looks good.
David Booth would score a whopping 45 seconds later.
It’s not quite 45 seconds, but the Oilers did manage a pair in 51 seconds. I’ve gotta say, the energy at that Preds/Oil game is remarkable. It could not feel more like a modern-day Slapshot game if it tried.
Enjoy the forward “backchecking” on the Hall goal. Good job, good effort, etc.
Yay for bodychecking!
Zibanejad on Tanev. Solid hit.
How bummed do you think the NHL is that Vancouver/Ottawa didn’t end up being interesting? They threw these two teams into some outdoor game to placate two fan-bases, not because anyone cares about the matchup, so I’m sure they were kinda hoping things got interesting last night.
Nope. Just two teams gettin’ through another regular season game. I couldn’t care less about their “big outdoor match-up.”
Hell, it’s not even really outdoors.
* Craig Anderson has now given up four goals in each of his last four games, bringing his save percentage to .894 and his GAA to 3.51. Luck and circumstances affect a lot of things in hockey, but boy, those be some bleak numbers for a guy who damn near won the Vezina Trophy.
* Happy Thanksgiving, y’all. I hope everyone got to eat turkey like Alex Galchenyuk.
Happy thanksgiving to all my American friends, Including this one….. pic.twitter.com/glDSgm2wyk
— Brendan Gallagher (@BGALLY17) November 29, 2013
* And finally, Jason Demers got stuck at the kid’s table:
— Brent Burns (@Burnzie88) November 29, 2013