* While I don’t want Josh Harding on Team Canada (resume’s too short), holy hell is he having a year. He took a loss last night, but stopped 29 of 31 in the process, which keeps him atop the goaltending charts with a 1.5 GAA. His save percentage is embarrassing though, now at .938. What a loser.
* The Blackhawks continue to just squeak by in the league, beating the Flyers 7-2. Patrick Sharp had one and two for three (giving him 15 and 17 for 32 in 34), while Marian Hossa grabbed three apples (13 and 14 for 27 in 29). Can we talk about how insane Sharp’s year is to date, or are we still pretending Rick Nash (six and five for 11 in 15) is a “lock?”
* Seven Blackhawks scored last night. Is that good?
* Have you heard of Martin Jones? He got a start in Jonathan Quick’s absence. Since: shutout, shutout, one goal on 39 shots. 4-0 with a .974 save percentage is a decent way to start a career. And he’s humble as heck too.
I don’t think today was my most solid game that I’ve had, some rebounds here and there. I know there’s a lot of work to do, not every game is going to go as good as these last few. I’ve just got to make sure I keep working and keep trying to get better.
Dude gets it.
* Jeff Carter (one and one) and Mike Richards (two assists) were very good. Boy, Philly could use talent like that.
Oh that’s not bad
One of the saves Harding made Wednesday probably should’ve ended up in the back of the net, but hey, if you’re paying someone to tend goal for you, you hope they have no give up in’em. That’s essentially Harding. Good grab.
Other players exist
I love Toews, I love Kane. Sharp and Hossa too. So everyone that scores beyond them kinda feels like excess. No team deserves that much talent.
Ah well. We’ll allow a few:
I’m always sorta-anti-goalie (not seriously) in these posts given my role as a player. But sometimes you gotta give credit when it’s due. This is a good move, and man, is it well goaltended:
Sure, why not. Oh Canada.
Ahhh, crap, I have a secret: it’s my birthday, and I’m at an age where nobody cares anymore. Which is good.
If I’ve learned anything in my life, it’s not to take anything for granted. I appreciate every day, and I mean that. Thanks for every click, every comment, every ad. It means more to me than you know.
* 30k gone. Breaking: don’t hit people in the head. (Cowen on Girgensons.)
* I really don’t get hitting vulnerable players. Why follow through on this? Panik suspension vid:
* Phaneuf is due a new contract, ASAP….
* And finally….wanna go to a Canucks auction? I know I do.
— Tara Clarke (@TClarke1) December 12, 2013