Philadelphia 3 (SO)
San Jose 3
Ottawa 4 (OT)
NY Islanders 2
Tampa Bay 1 (SO)
Los Angeles 4
St. Louis 1
New Jersey 1
Colorado 2 (OT)
NY Rangers 1
* Carey Price continued to be amazing on Thursday: He stopped 40 of 44 shots, was named first star, and got the win. Not a bad night. Erik Karlsson, that loser, had a measly goal and two assists (moved into first in scoring among D-men).
* Aight, we just talked Price, let’s talk other tenders:
- Henrik Lundqvist: 38 save shutout.
- Jimmy Howard: 47 saves on 48 shots.
- Kevin Poulin gave up one on 30 shots for the Isles
- Stalock had a 24 save shutout (psst: not tough to play goal for SJ)
- Quick stopped 28 of 29 for LA
- Semyon Varlamov stopped 33 of 34 (COL)
- Corey Schneider stopped 37 of 38 (NJ)
- Mike Smith stopped all 29 shots. (PHX)
I think I officially hate goalies. Do your job, be named a star. I’m jealous of that gig.
* Corey Perry had two goals and two assists to do his part in the “humiliate the Canucks” game.
* Shea Weber also had a goal and two assists. What a stud.
Carter Hutton knows Dubnyk is coming in. He knows he needs to play well. This is a good start…
Mark Scheifele is going to be a legit NHLer, everyone just needs to give him a sec.
David Backes is a killer:
There’s not a team in the NHL who could make a bigger leap with a single move than the Ottawa Senators. The East is ripe for the taking (outside Boston/Pitt), so why not grab a top seed, win a round and see what happens from there? If I’m the Sens, I’m all over the trade market. I think they can be legit threat this year with a couple tweaks.
* Personally, I feel like Malkin telling Crosby that the Olympics will be super-safe or whatever makes me more nervous.
* Don’t try to put a puck in a goalie’s net after the whistle, okay?
* Seven straight home losses for the Flames, woo! They’re setting records in futility at this point.
* Ben Scrivens thought his debut with Edmonton was a good learning experience.
* Sheldon Souray’s done for the year. What a bummer. He’s a beast when he’s healthy.
* Watch this again. Please. This angle is insane.