* With Johan Franzen being unable to play for Sweden in the Olympics (concussion), a spot opened up. Gustav Nyquist is going to get it. His three goals and an assist last night all but cemented that. Joel Ward had two and one for the opposition in the same high-scoring game that saw Ovechkin pot the OT winner.
* Al Montoya stopped 30 of 31 shots to help the Jets top the Habs.
“It might have been a mistake…”
“It was a mistake…:
Real original, Ovi
Man, doesn’t this guy have any other tricks in the bag? All he does is score.
First career hatty…
Kid can play.
* Will Stamkos play in the Olympics!?!??
…I have no idea. apparently we’ll know more Wednesday.
* Did you know Canada takes hockey too seriously? Here’s some proof.
* Liney’s have a tough job.