* Tyler Seguin had two goals and an assist, while Jamie Benn had one and one…but the Avs still won 4-3 in regulation. Tough one for the Stars. They played well, but Semyon Varlamov made 41 saves.
* Pretty predictable game for the Penguins. They beat Buffalo 3-0 on the strength of two point games from…Tanner Glass and Craig Adams. Sure. (Sid had two assists as well.)
* Columbus scored twice in the first three minutes against Carolina, and the rout was on. Except the didn’t score again, and this happened.
* Brad Marchand had a goal and three assists against the Isles – that dude has been on a tear lately (12 points over a six game point streak). Also on a tear: Kyle Okposo. More on him in “An Opinion.”
* David Perron put a puck in the empty net with just over a minute left to complete his hat-trick, and seal the victory for the Oilers. It’s the second of his career, both against the Canucks. Jordan Schroeder scored twice for Vancouver, his first two of the year.
* Jonathan Quick had a 23 save shutout in a 1-0 Kings win over the Sharks.