* Nick Kypreos reported on Sportsnet today that he thinks there could be hockey very soon, to which Doug Maclean added his prediction of the 20th.
* Kypreos also reports that he’s heard of coaches calling players and telling them to “be ready.” Innnteresting.
* Kypreos thinks guys need a week or so to get to town, Maclean says two days. With a camp that would need to be “7-9 days” in length for safety purposes (you just can’t throw guys who haven’t been playing together with those who have), you’re looking at hockey somewhere just before/around Christmas if this gets wrapped up this week.
Big “if,” of course.
* McKenzie notes where things are currently at:
Negotiations between NHL-NHLPA are at such sensitive stage NHL govs weren’t even given specifics from yesterday’s session at today’s BofG.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) December 5, 2012
* Gary Bettman’s presser was, um, we’ll call it “brief.” Under 70 words:
“Good afternoon everyone. With so many of you here I just wanted to stop by. We just completed a two hour board of governors meeting which was basically an update. We are pleased with the process that is ongoing. Out of respect for that process I don’t have anything else to say and I’m not going to take any questions. And … We’ll see you later. Thank you.”
He followed that statement up with a solid little smirk, as seen below. Read the rest of this entry »