NY Rangers 0
Tampa Bay 5 (Wut) (Recap)
Nashville 4 (Recap)
St. Louis 3 (Recap)
Edmonton 1 (Recap)
Los Angeles 3
Vancouver 2 (Recap)
Boston 4 (OT) (Recap)
Toronto 0 (Seriously?) (Recap)
New Jersey 1 (Recap)
Florida 3 (Recap)
* Ben Bishop carried the Lightning to a dominating performance over the New York Rangers, stopping 37 of 37 shots to help his boys win 5-0. One of those saves was particularly ridonkulous. It was a good night.
* The Panthers beat the streaking Philadelphia Flyers, thanks in no small part to Sean Bergenheim’s two goals. Tim Thomas’ 38 saves on 39 shots didn’t hurt either.
* Alexander Steen can’t stop won’t stop. He scored two more goals to move within one of Ovechkin for the league lead, while Jaro Halak stopped all 22 shots he faced.
* How James Neal wasn’t one of the NHL’s “stars of the night” blows my mind. He scored two beauties and assisted on another in a game the Pens only scored three.
* The Blue Jackets shellacked the Leafs 6-0 in Toronto, which is serious hang-your-head-in-shame territory for the Leafs. Ryan Johansen was a big reason for that, as he scored two and added an assist. Bobrovsky! made saves on all of the meager 18 shots he saw.
* Throw Martin St. Louis onto the pile of players who had two-and-one last night (more on this below). That feels so, so good on the drive home after the game. (Actually, while we’re here let’s throw Andrew Shaw of the Blackhawks on too.)
Read the rest of this entry »