‘Twas a busy night in the NHL. Time to breakdown who cashed in:
* Much-maligned Montreal Canadien David Desharnais had a goal and an assist, while his teammate Andrei Markov grabbed a meager three assists.
* I tweeted a mean thing about John Tavares last night. Well rather, a mean thing about his situation. That being: It’s tough to define his career to date better than him grabbing a goal and an assist in a one goal loss to the Winnipeg Jets.
* Bobby Ryan scored two while Erik Karlsson had two assists (now five points up on second place Byfuglien/Subban in D scoring) in the Sens 6-4 win over the underrated Carolina Hurricanes. Solid rally after falling behind 3-1.
* My new favourite NHLer Gustav Nyqvist of the Red Wings had one and one for two, as did Henrik Zetterberg and Niklas Kronwall. Johan Franzen grabbed three assists.
* While Tampa beat Philly and the underrated Victor Hedman had two goals and an assist, there was an important point: Vincent Lecavalier scored in his return. Good for him. (Mark Streit grabbed one and one in Philly’s loss as well.)