This is the first Raptors game of the season on Sportsnet ONE, which sucks for people who don’t have the channel — people like me. I am going to find a way to watch this game, even if I have to PVR the re-broadcast on NBA TV Canada and watch it tomorrow morning. There may be a way to watch this game online, although I can’t divulge that info because it’s frowned upon in certain areas of authority.
Eric Koreen of the National Post posted some interesting info about how the Raptors have performed on the West Coast in recent years — over the past five years, the Raptors have won just seven of 43 (16.2 percent) games played in the Mountain or Pacific time zones. Since the Raptors are visiting the Lakers, Jazz and Blazers after this game, they could find themselves in a 1-5 hole by next Sunday. (Cue Debbie Downer trombone.)
1. Can the Raptors hold a third straight opponent under 100 points? They haven’t accomplished this since last December.
2. Is the Kings’ 2-1 record fools gold? Their two wins were by a combined four points over Minnesota and Cleveland.
3. Should Andrea Bargnani try to be aggressive in the post early in the game in an attempt to get DeMarcus Cousins in foul trouble? Cousins is averaging 4.7 fouls in 25.3 minutes per game so far.
4. Can the Raptors do a better job than last time at containing the Kings’ starting guard combo? Beno Udrih and Tyreke Evans combined for 43 points, 18 assists and 14 rebounds in Sacramento’s 113-90 win over Toronto on March 13.
5. Does reserve swingman Francisco Garcia know how to pose for photos with beautiful women? Why, yes he does.
Start time: 10:00 PM ET
Channel: Sportsnet ONE (Grrr!)
Liveblog: Holly MacKenzie on theScore.com and ScoreMobile
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jarrett Jack, DeMar DeRozan, Linas Kleiza, Reggie Evans, Andrea Bargnani
Sacramento: Beno Udrih, Tyreke Evans, Omri Casspi, Carl Landry, DeMarcus Cousins
Tonight’s pregame song is “Rocket Skates” by Sacramento’s own Deftones. I’m starting to enjoy looking up local bands depending on who the Raptors are playing. I know this band’s been around for a while but this is somehow the first time I’ve listened to them. Thrashing good tunage!