Because I’m on my way out for a Saturday night poker game, I’m a Cogeco customer and tonight’s Raptors game is on Sportsnet One, I won’t even be able to watch this game on my PVR tomorrow. Thanks, Rogers and Cogeco!
Of course, I think we all know how this is going to turn out. The Raptors are probably about to end this Western road trip with a 1-5 record and the sinking realization that this team might actually be as bad as the “experts” said they were. Hey, as long as you expected it going into the season (which I did), it’s not nearly as painful.
Speaking of pain, here’s the injury report. Rudy Fernandez is out while LaMarcus Aldridge and Marcus Camby are questionable tonight. The only significant injury the Raptors have is to their pride.
1. Greg Oden will be a restricted free agent after this season. Should the Raptors make a run at him?
2. Did you know that Marcus Camby is the only former Raptor from the 1996-97 season to still be in the NBA? The following season, he was teammates with Chauncey Billups and Tracy McGrady in Toronto — and that team finished 16-66.
3. Did Amir Johnson finally break through with last night’s 12-point, 15-rebound, 2-foul performance in 25 minutes against the Lakers?
4. Can Reggie Evans get 20 rebounds tonight against a Blazers team that has been out-rebounded in each of their last four games?
5. I haven’t played poker in a while so I’m a little rusty. A straight beats a full house, right?
Start time: 10:00 PM ET
Channel: Sportsnet ONE
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jarrett Jack, DeMar DeRozan, Linas Kleiza, Reggie Evans, Andrea Bargnani
Portland: Andre Miller, Brandon Roy, Nicolas Batum, LaMarcus Aldridge, Marcus Camby
Tonight’s pregame song is “Born Too Slow” by The Crystal Method. No real reason, it’s just a slammin’ track.