Don’t look now, but the Warriors might actually be good this season. They’re off to a 4-2 start and their defense under new coach Keith Smart is 13th in the NBA with 105.5 points allowed per 100 possessions. Nevertheless, the Raptors should view this as a winnable game and if they fall to 1-6 with a loss tonight, it’s probably time to come to terms with the likelihood that they are one of the worst teams in the league.
This is the last game on Sportsnet ONE for about a month, which is nice because I don’t particularly enjoy watching these games on crappy Internet feeds — not that I would actually do that, because that would be wrong. On the injury front, Sonny Weems has a sore ankle (possibly from overuse due to all the jumpshots he’s been taking) but he’s expected to play tonight. The Warriors are healthy except for Louis Amundson and Ekpe Udoh, who are both out indefinitely.
1. Can Monta Ellis win the scoring title this season? He’s currently leading the league with 27.8 points per game.
2. Is Dorell Wright the early favorite for Most Improved Player? He’s averaging 18 points per game this season after averaging just 7.1 points per game last season with the Heat.
3. Is Linas Kleiza slumping or is he just not very good?
4. Warriors reserve Dan Gadzuric is in the last year of a six-year, $36 million contract and he’s averaging 10 minutes per game and 10.1 fouls per 36 minutes this season. Are we looking at Amir Johnson’s future?
5. Who would win in a shooting competition between Andris Biedrins and Reggie Evans? I’ll tell you who would lose: anyone watching.
Start time: 7:00 PM ET
Channel: Sportsnet ONE
Liveblog: Romy Aquino on theScore.com and ScoreMobile
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jarrett Jack, DeMar DeRozan, Linas Kleiza, Reggie Evans, Andrea Bargnani
Golden State: Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Dorell Wright, David Lee, Andris Biedrins
Tonight’s pregame song is “Mastermind” by Deltron 3030, featuring Oakland native Del Tha Funkee Homosapien. I defy you to listen to this track without nodding your head to the beat.