Still basking in the glow of Andrea Bargnani’s masterful 41-point performance on Wednesday? Then you might have forgotten that the Raptors are on a three-game losing streak where they’ve allowed an average of 117 points per game. Denver is on a two-game losing skid themselves after a two-point loss in Charlotte and a 16-point loss in Boston.
The Nuggets are seventh in the Western Conference with a 13-8 record but they’re very beatable on the road with a 3-7 record away from home. Having said that, one of their road wins was in Dallas, so they’re certainly not pushovers. You can expect another high-scoring, entertaining game at the Air Canada Centre tonight, regardless of who comes out ahead.
Toronto: Peja’s indefinitely swollen knee means he remains questionable for every game until we see otherwise.
Denver: Carmelo Anthony will miss his second game in a row with knee inflammation, as reported by @stackmack.
1. Can Nuggets coach George Karl make history tonight? He’s one win away from 1,000 wins, which would place him in company with Don Nelson, Lenny Wilkens, Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson and Larry Brown.
2. Will the Raptors get victimized by the longball again? Denver is seventh in the league in three-point percentage and eighth in three-pointers made.
3. Can the Raptors keep up to the Nuggets’ fast pace? Denver plays at the second-fastest pace (96.6 possessions per game) in the league, behind only Minnesota. (Raptors are sixth.)
4. Chris Andersen: Hot or not?
5. George Karl on his upcoming 1,000th win: “I’m the name that’s going to stick out in that group. ‘Karl? How did he get there? Did they give him a couple hundred wins or something?’ ”
Start time: 7:00 PM ET
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Sonny Weems, Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargnani
Denver: Chauncey Billups, Arron Afflalo, Gary Forbes (who?), Shelden Williams, Nene
Tonight’s pregame song is “Lit Up” by Buckcherry because I feel like the lead singer and Chris Andersen have probably hung out before — and not just to get tattoos together.