It’s two days after Christmas and I thought I’d give you a quick update on some odds and ends you may have missed while spending time with your family.
- Last night around 9:43 p.m. Atlantic (Yay, Atlantic time. This means I’m in Nova Scotia with my mom and I’m very happy about this), we received a press release from the Raptors announcing that they were re-signing Ronald Dupree. With the move to pick him up, their roster now stands at 15.
- Andrea Bargnani did not make the trip with the team to Memphis. After getting three full days off from the 23rd until the 25th, the team had to meet up in Memphis for an evening practice before taking on the Grizzlies tonight. Matt Devlin reported that Bargnani was not with the team because of a strained calf.
- Sonny Weems missed the Raptors’ last three games before the Christmas break with back spasms. One of the Raptors who definitely welcomed the break, Weems tweeted, “Sitting at the crib with my family @ark2nyc jarret, lil terry, big joe, and tommie. I love being home, and my boys haven’t came over yet” the night of the 23rd. Hopefully the time off and the time away from basketball and with his family will have Weems back on the floor for this road trip.
- After Jerryd Bayless asked for recommendations on places to eat in Toronto, he showed up at practice the next day sick with food poisoning. Whoops. No word on where he went to eat (Jay Triano joked that he wouldn’t tell us even if he did know, in case he ever wanted to go there himself to eat), but he spent the holiday home with his family and showed off his own joking side by tweeting, “Home sweet home. O by the way. Thanks for the food tips haha”.
- Amir Johnson in response to a tweet suggesting that he can spend his birthday in Las Vegas: “No we won’t we gon be in the playoffs HEA’ME”. That’s fun.
- On Christmas day, Reggie Evans shared with “Toronto” via Twitter that he’s walking now. Great news.
- Julian Wright posted a photo of the Christmas dinner that his mother made for him in Toronto:
- And with that, I’m going to hit up the kitchen and see if I can talk my mom into cooking some lunch for me. No idea how it’s noon here in Nova Scotia already, only know that I’m thankful to have some more time at home thanks to the makers of the NBA schedule. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Catch you after this Raptors game tonight.