You don’t need me to tell you that the Boston Celtics will be hard for the Raptors to compete with tonight. They’re 15-2 in Boston this season and Rajon Rondo is healthy and coming off a ridiculous 12-point, 22-assist, 10-rebound performance on Wednesday. Plus, the Celtics have won 14 of their last 16 meetings with the Raptors, including five in a row at TD Banknorth Garden in Boston.
You know how Leo Rautins likes to give his three “keys to the game” before every Raptors game? I’ve got just one for the Raptors: Play way, way over your heads for around 48 minutes.
Toronto: Sonny Weems is still out, while Jerryd Bayless is questionable for tonight.
Boston: Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins and Delonte West are all estimated to return to the Celtics lineup later this month.
1. Do you think Jay Triano should start Julian Wright instead of Linas Kleiza tonight after Wright’s stellar performance against the Cavs on Wednesday?
2. Do you think a Celtics-Heat matchup in the Eastern Conference Final is a foregone conclusion?
3. Is Celtics rookie center Semih Erden the greatest player to wear jersey number 86 in NBA history? Why, yes… yes he is.
4. Would anyone object if I used a Nate Robinson photo for every game thread whenever the Raptors play his team for the rest of his NBA career?
5. Do you think the Celtics have to sedate Nate Robinson and put him in a crate when they travel? Sedated Nate in a crate… on a plane.
Start time: 7:30 PM ET
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Linas Kleiza, Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargnani
Boston: Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Glen Davis, Shaquille O’Neal
In tribute to the fact that I just learned that Adam “MCA” Yauch of the Beastie Boys is now cancer-free, our pregame song for tonight will be a track from my favorites Beasties album, “Paul’s Boutique”. They’re all winners but I might as well go with Track One, Side One — which as you surely know is “Shake Your Rump”.