If there’s one thing we should all be able to agree on, it’s that we’re lucky the trend of opposing teams’ star players being injured when they face the Raptors isn’t continuing today. Blake Griffin is the most entertaining player in the NBA right now, and if you don’t agree I think you might be watching the wrong sport.
What makes this game even more interesting is that the Clippers just allowed the Cavaliers to end their record-setting 26-game losing streak on Friday so you have to think that they’re going to be pissed off going into this game. Of course, they’re the Clippers and they’re without Eric Gordon so they’re still beatable — if that’s the result you’re going for at this point.
Toronto: Leandro Barbosa is doubtful with a strained hamstring, but I’ve just learned from Matt Devlin that Amir Johnson is not only playing tonight, he’s starting.
Los Angeles: Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman and Craig Smith are all out.
1. Do you have a problem with Blake Griffin winning Rookie of the Year when this is technically his second season on an NBA team?
2. Will high-end free agents start to consider the Clippers now that they have Griffin and Eric Gordon or will their bad aura and shitty owner continue to make them undesirable?
3. Is there a player on the Raptors you wouldn’t be willing to include in a trade for Blake Griffin? I’m legitimately curious to see responses to this question.
4. Is there a more meaningless winning streak in sports right now than the Raptors’ four-game winning streak against the Clippers?
5. Is longtime Clippers superfan Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle) shaking his head at all the bandwagon fans the Clippers are attracting because of Blake Griffin?
Start time: 6:00 PM ET
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Sonny Weems, Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargnani
Los Angeles: Baron Davis, Randy Foye, Ryan Gomes, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan
I found out recently there’s a movie coming out soon that was originally called “Battle: Los Angeles” (the name has since been changed to “World Invasion: Battle LA”) and I was immediately reminded of my favorite album of all-time, “The Battle of Los Angeles” by Rage Against the Machine. Anyone reading this who knows me is rolling their eyes right now, but I think I’ve shown admirable restraint by not using a Rage song until today. Anyway, today’s pregame song is “New Millennium Homes” — I don’t know if it’s my favourite song from the album, but it’s one you won’t know unless you bought the album.