Joakim Noah hasn’t played since January 4, the last time the Bulls and Raptors met. Tonight, he will reportedly make his return. Coincidence? Yeah, probably.
Anyway, the Bulls have already beaten the Raptors twice this season by a combined 37 points and they outrebounded the Raptors by double figures in both games. If new Raptor James Johnson is in uniform tonight, expect each of his ex-teammates on the Bulls to give him sympathetic hugs before the game.
Toronto: Reggie Evans is listed as doubtful for tonight. It’s weird, but I’m actually getting a tiny bit excited for his return.
Chicago: Luol Deng and Joakim Noah will probably both play.
1. Did Joakim Noah pick this game to return because he considers a matchup with Andrea Bargnani to be a “non-contact practice”? (This joke is courtesy of @DH_Alvarez.)
2. Did James Johnson decide to pick the number 0 for his Raptors jersey after being reminded that “FML” isn’t a number?
3. Will Raptors fans at the Air Canada Centre boo the future draft pick Toronto just traded to the Bulls?
4. Or will Raptors fans wait until the Bulls use that draft pick and then boo the player when he comes to the ACC?
5. Is it a coincidence that when I saved that Noah photo in Photoshop, the default JPEG resolution preset was “Very High”?
Start time: 7:00 PM ET
Channel: Sportsnet One
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Sonny Weems, Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargnani
Chicago: Derrick Rose, Keith Bogans, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, Joakim Noah
Tonight’s pregame song is “Kick Push” by Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco. This is the third Raptors-Bulls game thread I’ve set up this season and today was the first time I remembered that Lupe Fiasco was from Chicago. Weird.