There should be no question that the Mavericks are the most overlooked team in the NBA right now. They have the league’s fourth-best record at 42-16 and they’ve won 15 of their last 16 games and yet nobody’s talking about them. Maybe they didn’t make a trade last week because they don’t feel like they need to.
The one Mav that most teams probably inquired about if they tried to make a deal was Rodrigue Beaubois, who is back from injury and will probably start tonight. Dallas is 4-0 since his return, and I’ll be curious to see why he’s considered so untouchable by the Mavericks and their fans.
Toronto: Andrea Bargnani is questionable due to illness while Joey Dorsey is questionable due to back problems. I don’t exactly know what Bargnani’s illness is yet, but I’ll update this post if I get more info.
Dallas: Caron Butler is out for the season, but you probably already knew that.
1. Are Raptors fans going to boo Peja Stojakovic for faking an injury so he wouldn’t have to actually earn the roughly $5 million he made when he was a Raptor?
2. Do you agree that the Mavs should try to trade for Steve Nash in the off-season, assuming they don’t win the championship this season?
3. Does anyone still think Andrea Bargnani and Dirk Nowitzki are comparable? In eight head-to-head matchups, Nowitzki averages 23.5 points, 8.1 rebounds ad 3.6 assists on 52.8 percent shooting while Bargnani averages 14.6 points, 4.3 rebounds and 0.8 assists on 43.6 percent shooting.
4. Do you think Rick Carlisle is nodding knowingly about the bullshit going on with the Detroit Pistons right now?
5. Can somebody tell me why NBA teams don’t use kickass bands instead of cheesy DJs for their arena music? See below for what I’m talking about.
Start time: 6:00 PM ET
Channel: Sportsnet One
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, James Johnson, Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargnani
Dallas: Jason Kidd, Rodrigue Beaubois, Peja Stojakovic, Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler
Your pregame music is this Rage Against the Machine mashup by the George Mason University “Green Machine” band. I’m not trying to put Four Corners out of work, but how amazing would a band like this be at the Air Canada Centre?