The Indiana Pacers enter this game with a 27-37 record and having just lost by 26 points to the Timberwolves on Wednesday, and yet they are currently the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference. I’ll give you a moment to process that.
OK, this Pacers team clearly isn’t very good. They’ve lost five straight and seven of their last eight games, and they’ve given up at least 100 points in seven straight contests. To be fair, Indiana has the second-youngest roster in the league and rookie swingman Paul George has showed definite promise recently. And the Raptors have 10 fewer wins than the Pacers, so it’s not like their outlook is any brighter.
James Johnson! Tyler Hansbrough! Raptors vs. Pacers: Feel the excitement!
Toronto: Amir Johnson is out with the ankle sprain he suffered against the Jazz on Wednesday and Alexis Ajinca will continue to sit with a sore knee. Andrea Bargnani is probable for tonight with whatever weird, lingering illness he has.
Indiana: Mike Dunleavy is out with a broken thumb while Jeff Foster and Josh McRoberts are both questionable for tonight.
1. Considering Roy Hibbert’s disturbing inconsistency and the fact that the Raptors traded him during the 2008 draft, would you still want him on this team playing next to Andrea Bargnani?
2. If Ed Davis plays well while Amir Johnson recovers from his ankle injury, should Davis be given the starting PF spot for the rest of the season?
3. Whose NBA future do you think is brighter: Ed Davis or Paul George?
4. Have you heard that Jay Triano will be on Tim and Sid: Uncut on Monday at 4:30 PM ET?
5. Do you think the fact that a team 10 games under .500 could qualify for the playoffs this season is an argument for allowing the teams with the top 16 records, regardless of conference, to enter the post-season?
Start time: 7:00 PM ET
Channel: Sportsnet One
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, James Johnson, Ed Davis, Andrea Bargnani
Indiana: Darren Collison, Paul George, Danny Granger, Tyler Hansbrough, Roy Hibbert
For tonight’s pregame song, I’m going to throw a bone to Score colleague, Drunk Jays Fans blogger and Score Buzz editor Andrew Stoeten and his spirited rock n’ roll outfit Action Makes. Don’t be surprised if you see theScore use this song, “Bell Hop”, as a show theme or in an upcoming promo. Also, you can catch Action Makes in Peterborough tonight at The Spill Cafe at 10:00 PM.