Think you have it bad as a Raptors fan? Try being a Bobcats fan. After they shipped out Gerald Wallace and Nazr Mohammed at the trading deadline, it was obvious that finances would continue to take precedence over winning in Charlotte.
In spite of that, the Bobcats are tied with the Pacers for the eighth seed in the West with a scintillating 27-38 record — whether they should actually aspire to make the playoffs or go into “tank mode” at this point is open for debate. Anyway, they’ve lost six of their last seven games, so this dilemma will most likely resolve itself.
Toronto: Amir Johnson and Alexis Ajinca are both questionable for today’s game. Holly MacKenzie reports that Leandro Barbosa has a really sore back, but if he can score 29 points in 26 minutes like he did on Friday with that sore back, I’m going to assume that he’ll play today.
Charlotte: Joel Przybilla will miss today’s game with a sore right knee.
1. After the impressive performances of Leandro Barbosa and Reggie Evans on Friday, do you think the Raptors should try to re-sign them after this season?
2. Where does Tyrus Thomas rank among the biggest wastes of talent in the NBA?
3. Considering that Shaun Livingston has played more minutes this season than he played in the previous three seasons combined, should he be considered for Comeback Player of the Year?
4. The Bobcats waived Morris Peterson last month. Would you like to see the Raptors sign him for the rest of the season, for the sake of nostalgia?
5. Since the Toronto Maple Leafs are now just four points out of eighth place in the NHL’s Eastern Conference, will you be happy if they make the playoffs so that a major Toronto sports team will finally provide some post-season action?
Start time: 1:00 PM ET
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, James Johnson, Ed Davis, Andrea Bargnani
Charlotte: D.J. Augustin, Gerald Henderson, Stephen Jackson, Boris Diaw, Kwame Brown
Today’s pregame song is a live performance of “Regular John” by Queens of the Stone Age, from their 1998 self-titled debut album which was re-issued this year. I figure it’s a good choice to get my adrenaline pumping a little for a game that isn’t going to make that happen on its own.