The Knicks are going to the playoffs for the first time since 2004! Suck it, haters! The post-Carmelo landscape in New York has been far from idyllic, but they are riding a three-game winning streak into tonight’s tilt with the Raptors at Madison Square Garden. Whether they finish sixth or seventh in the East, the Knicks are going to face either the Miami Heat or the Boston Celtics in the first round and you can’t deny that will be fun to watch. Whatever you think of the Knicks, it’s nice to see them relevant again.
A Knicks win tonight will give them a four-game series sweep of the Raptors this season, and they’ll have a chance for another four-game sweep if they beat the Nets on Friday. If you can go 8-0 versus the Raptors and Nets, you must be doing something right.
Toronto: Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani and Leandro Barbosa will all be game-time decisions.
New York: Ronny Turiaf is questionable for tonight with a sprained ankle.
1. After watching the dismal talent level in the NCAA Tournament, would you be fine with the Raptors trading their draft pick for a more immediate talent infusion?
2. Will you be angry (like I will) if Jerryd Bayless doesn’t play out the season as the starting point guard?
3. If Kemba Walker and Jimmer Fredette are both available at the Knicks’ pick in the upcoming draft (unlikely, I know, but play along) which player would be a better fit?
4. Why can’t Shelden Williams find a home? The Knicks are his sixth team in five NBA seasons.
5. If Mike D’Antoni is fired after the season, would you be interested in the Raptors hiring him to replace Jay Triano?
Start time: 7:30 PM ET
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jerryd Bayless, DeMar DeRozan, James Johnson, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson
New York: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields, Carmelo Anthony, Shelden Williams, Amare Stoudemire
Tonight’s pregame song is “Simon Says” by Pharoahe Monch (reppin’ South Jamaica, Queens) which was hilariously parodied by The Basketball Jones with their “Scal Says” rap. If this song doesn’t make you bob your head, you need a defibrillator.