The battle for the draft lottery continues as the team with the league’s worst record (the Cavaliers are 16-61) plays the team tied for the third-worst record (the Raptors and Wizards are both 21-56). The Cavs have actually been pretty feisty lately with three wins in their last seven games, including their memorable thrashing of the Heat last week. There’s actually a good chance the Raptors could lose this game, which is great news for those of you belonging to Raptors Tank Nation.
Toronto: Leandro Barbosa, Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon are all questionable for tonight.
Cleveland: Anderson Varejao, Antawn Jamison and Semih Erden are all expected to miss the rest of the season.
1. Does Kyrie Irving’s declaration for the NBA draft make it easier for you to root for the Raptors to lose their remaining five games?
2. What’s gotten into Baron Davis? He’s playing amazingly well in Cleveland, including an astonishing .455 success rate on three-point shots when he has a .321 rate from that range for his career.
3. Do you agree with Jack Armstrong’s opinion that DeMar DeRozan’s 36-point, 10 rebound performance last night is somewhat devalued because he got it against the Knicks?
4. Do you think DeRozan can develop a decent three-point shot even though he’s having one of the worst three-point shooting seasons in NBA history? (Note: His 3Pt% improved to 11.4 percent after last night’s game.)
5. With the way the Cavs have finished the season and with a guaranteed high draft pick, would you be shocked if they make the playoffs next season?
Start time: 7:00 PM ET
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jerryd Bayless, DeMar DeRozan, James Johnson, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson
Cleveland: Baron Davis, Anthony Parker, Alonzo Gee, J.J. Hickson, Ryan Hollins
Tonight’s pregame song is a live performance of “Brass in Pocket” by The Pretenders because lead singer Chrissie Hynde — easily one of the all-time badass chicks in rock — is from Akron, Ohio.