Start time: 8:30 PM ET
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Landry Fields, Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas
Dallas: Darren Collison, O.J. Mayo, Jae Crowder, Brandan Wright, Chris Kaman
Toronto: Kyle Lowry suffered a right ankle sprain last night and will sit out tonight’s game.
Dallas: Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion are out tonight, Roddy Beaubois is questionable. UPDATE: Elton Brand is also out because his wife is giving birth. (Hat tip: @mikeclothier)
- At 3-1 with wins over the Lakers, Bobcats and Blazers, the Mavericks are the surprise team of the NBA so far. Most shockingly, they have the third-best offense (114.2 points scored per 100 possessions) even though Dirk Nowitzki hasn’t been in the lineup.
- The Mavericks are first in the league in three-point shooting percentage (.512) and second in three-pointers made (42).
- O.J. Mayo has been the Mavs’ surprise star after four games, averaging 21.5 points per game with an incredible .695 True Shooting Percentage. He’s been a long-range menace, making 18 of his 27 three-point attempts.
- In place of Kyle Lowry, Jose Calderon will make his 294th career start in a Raptors uniform. He’s eighth all-time in games started for this franchise, behind Chris Bosh (497), Vince Carter (401), Morris Peterson (363), Alvin Williams (324), Antonio Davis (307), Doug Christie (299) and Andrea Bargnani (295).
- The Raptors’ last win over the Mavericks was an 84-76 victory in Dallas on December 28, 2010. Only eight Raptors saw the floor that game: Jerryd Bayless, DeMar DeRozan, Linas Kleiza, Joey Dorsey, Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, Leandro Barbosa and Julian Wright.