The Raptors continue their West coast road trip with what should be looked at as the most winnable game of the five.
Start time: 10:00 PM ET
Channel: Sportsnet One
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Mickael Pietrus, Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas
Sacramento: Aaron Brooks, Tyreke Evans, John Salmons, Jason Thompson, DeMarcus Cousins
Toronto: Landry Fields and Alan Anderson are still out, while Linas Kleiza is doubtful
Sacramento: Tyreke Evans (bruised knee) is probable for tonight
- I can’t see the Raptors beating the Jazz in Utah right now (I realize they did it just last year), I certainly don’t see them beating the Clippers at Staples Center and the Trail Blazers are always tough to beat in Portland, so while I don’t think tonight’s game will be easy for the Raptors by any means, I do think this has to be the one to get on this road trip.
- James Johnson has been pretty awful so far this season, but he’s still playing almost 20 minutes per night, so I’m sure we’ll all be watching how he performs in his first game against his former team.
- Depending on how you actually value rest-time for NBA teams, the Kings haven’t played since getting blown out in L.A. on Saturday night. Depending on how you view head-to-head history, the Raptors are 2-13 all time in Sacramento.
- This game features a matchup of the 25th and 27th ranked defences in terms of defensive efficiency, so despite the fact that neither team has a good offence, we might be in store for a high scoring affair. I’m going to bet on the fact that the Raptors decide to play defence first, which is why I see them getting the W tonight. And yes, I understand the potentially infuriating disappointment I’ve set myself up for here, considering that this team doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.
- As I mentioned earlier this week, many of the “Thoughts On the Game” posts will go up at pretty insane hours during this Western Conference road trip, so if you can’t stay up to wait for my post-game thoughts tonight, be sure to check back for them in the morning.