The Raptors look to bounce back from a couple of disappointing losses and win the season series with the Pacers in the process.
Archive for the ‘Indiana Pacers’ Category
Posted by Joseph Casciaro under Game thread, Indiana Pacers on Mar 01, 2013
Posted by Joseph Casciaro under Indiana Pacers, Recap, Rudy Gay on Feb 09, 2013
I joked a few times that Rudy Gay was destined to be a Raptor after the infamous “Not this guy!” game-winner in Toronto a couple of years ago went viral. Then when he actually was traded to the Raptors, I half-joked that he was destined to hit a game-winner early in his Raps career. Well it all came to fruition on Friday night in Indiana, where in a change of pace from the usual storyline in this frustrating season, the Raptors finally managed to snap victory from the jaws of defeat instead of the other way around.
Here are some thoughts on the game…
Posted by Joseph Casciaro under Game thread, Indiana Pacers on Feb 08, 2013
The Raptors are in Indiana tonight to take on a red hot Pacers team that looks unstoppable at home.
Posted by Joseph Casciaro under Andrea Bargnani, DeMar DeRozan, Dwane Casey, Indiana Pacers, John Lucas III, Jonas Valanciunas, Jose Calderon, Recap, Terrence Ross on Nov 13, 2012
You thought you had seen everything already with this Raptors team, didn’t you?. Injuries, multiple blown double digit leads in the fourth quarter, triple-overtime losses, etc. Well how about an upset of the Pacers in Indiana despite scoring a franchise low five points in the fourth quarter a night after that aforementioned triple-overtime loss? It makes little sense, but we’ll take it.
Now here are some thoughts on the game:
Posted by Scott Carefoot under Game thread, Indiana Pacers on Nov 13, 2012
Start time: 7:00 PM ET
Probable starting lineups
Toronto: Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan, Dominic McGuire, Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas
Indiana: George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West, Roy Hibbert
Toronto: Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields and Alan Anderson will miss tonight’s game.
Indiana: Danny Granger is expected to be out until at least early January.
- The Pacers beat the Raptors 90-88 in Toronto’s home opener on October 31, when George Hill scored the winning basket with two seconds left in the fourth quarter.
- Indiana won four straight over the Raptors, and their last seven matchups in Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- The Pacers are favored by nine points in this game. I’m not a betting man, but coming off the Raptors’ triple-overtime marathon last night, I would think the smart money is on Indiana tonight.
- With Danny Granger on the sidelines, the Pacers have struggled to generate offense — they’re 26th in offensive efficiency and tied for second-last in field goal percentage.
- In the first season of his new four-year, $58 million contract, Roy Hibbert is averaging 8.7 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.6 blocks while shooting 38.4 percent from the field and 45.5 percent from the free throw line. He’s on my fantasy team, of course.