It seems every NBA player is pondering whether or not to play overseas this fall. But what about their friendly border-sharers to the north? Canada does have a basketball league. Well, one is arriving soon at least.
Here are some reasons why Canada would be a fantastic option for NBAers looking to keep their hoop skills fresh:
- China is far.
- Teenaged players can hit the bars instead of tweeting “I’m bored!”
- On that note, ordering beer using the term “two-four” is a lot faster than saying “twenty four”.
- LeBron James could actually deliver on his claim of winning multiple championships.
- Mounties are hot.
- Kevin Durant would probably be in the crowd because he really loves basketball.
- Understanding the language would be simple, although the spelling is colourful.
- Free healthcare.
- Trey Kerby will soon be a Canadian.
- The Canadian dollar is mighty strong right now and the Monopoly money is quite easy to decipher.