Last night, the NBA All-Star game’s Twitter account — yep, that’s a real thing because it’s 2012 and because of technology — excitedly encouraged its followers to vote on their All-Star starters because there were only “21 Days To Go!!” That’s just three weeks, so it’s understandable they’d want to let people know they’re running out of time to write-in Brad Miller on their ballots.
However, voting started all of six days ago, less than two weeks in to the season. That means we’ve only got 27 days to vote on who we want to see lackadaisically hooping in Orlando this February. That’s short, TBJers. So short, in fact, that we all brainstormed a bunch of things that are actually longer than the time we have to vote on All-Star starters.
Here’s our non-exhaustive list:
- Kris Humphries’ marriage to Kim Kardashian
- DaJuan Blair’s Russian basketball career
- William Henry Harrison’s term as President of the United States of America
- A koala’s gestation period
- Muggsy Bogues
- Bobby Knight’s temper
- “28 Days” starring Sandra Bullock
- “28 Days Later” starring Cillian Murphy
- Eddy Curry’s Miami Heat stint, amazingly
- The Second Balkan War
- Nas’ reign on top, which is shorter than leprechauns
- Average female menstrual cycle
- Hulk Hogan’s pythons
- Length of time a Wizards fan is interested in their team to start a season
- Standard dry-aging technique for a steak
Feel free to carry on in the comments because this is silly.