Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowksi has the details:
Mike D’Antoni has resigned as coach of the New York Knicks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
D’Antoni and Knicks owner James Dolan agreed on Wednesday to end his three-plus-years run as Knicks coach, a source said. “It was a mutual decision to no longer coach the Knicks … conflicting visions of the club’s future,” the source said.
The “conflicting visions of the club’s future” include but are not limited to:
- whether or not Carmelo Anthony should get the ball all the time;
- whether or not black trim should stay on the Knicks’ shorts;
- whether or not the team should start taking games seriously;
- whether or not Amar’e Stoudemire looks good in hats;
- whether or not Mike D’Antoni should remain employed.
As you can see, the two parties’ differences on these issues is insurmountable, so D’Antoni had to “resign.” Now Mike Woodson’s goatee takes over as interim coach and the Knicks continue being the same old dysfunctional Knicks. Same as it ever was.