I’m not sure what exactly “executive produced by” means when it’s talking about a rapper and a video game, but when Michael Jordan says it while it flashes on-screen, it must be true. As a fan of Jay-Z, the NBA and the 2K franchise who is very excited for the release of this game, please allow me some guesses as to what this will entail.
- Memphis Bleek will be a hidden character.
- All Brooklyn Nets attributes will be artificially increased by 6-12 percent, just because.
- Damon Dash will be in the first half of the game, then fall off the face of the Earth once you get past game 41 of season mode.
- If you try to play as DeShawn Stevenson, the game explodes.
- Players drink Krug rose for championship celebrations.
- Half the teams have Kanye West on the roster.
- Every uniform in the game is all-black.
- Soundtrack includes forgotten Roc-A-Fella artists Freeway, Beanie Sigel, Amil and Freekey Zekey because of an old promise to “hook them up.”
- After you win the NBA championship in career mode, the game turns off and swears it’ll never come back. It turns on a few hours later and you have to act surprised.
Now, these might sound silly to you, but ask yourself if any of these ideas are any sillier than paying Jay-Z money to be an executive producer for a video game. Exactly. Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments.