What a prank! Prank of the century, probably! Just as long as everyone doesn’t realize that NBA free agents aren’t signed in April, that LeBron isn’t a free agent for another year and that he would obviously pick his next free agent destination on television, this is the perfect prank. Boy, are you gullible.
Of course, if you read the copy and the subtitle, this is pretty clearly the least committed-to prank in the history of April Fools’ Day. It’s like the Cleveland Plain-Dealer’s editors were like, “Well, it’s April Fools’ Day tomorrow so we need to do something, but let’s not go overboard with it. In fact, make sure everyone knows we’re joking so we don’t have another “War of the Worlds” situation on our hands. Have you seen what people around here are capable of when they’re upset? Too scary.”
But still, such a prank exists and cutting out fake headlines to paste on to existing newspapers seems like something everyone I know would do, so let’s come up with a few more zingers just like this one.
- CARMELO ANTHONY TRADED BACK TO THE NUGGETS FOR THE EXACT SAME PLAYERS HE WAS TRADED FOR BEFORE
- DERON WILLIAMS GETS JERRY SLOAN TO COME BACK TO THE JAZZ (Subtitle: Gets cool new haircut too)
- BRANDON JENNINGS VERY HAPPY TO BE IN MILWAUKEE
- BULLS BREAK BANK IN FREE AGENCY SCORE
- JOE JOHNSON: THE NBA’S MOST WORTH-IT CONTRACT
- KOBE BRYANT LIKES DWIGHT HOWARD
As my man Humpty Hump would say, these April Fools’ Day headlines are real easy to do. Just look at a transaction that’s happened recently, reverse it while making sure it can’t take place in the month of April (it can’t), and you’ve got yourself a solid AFD prank. Carry on in the comments.