I probably never would have guessed that this was the case, but as it turns out, when it comes to fashion questionnaires in newspapers, the Bulls’ Jimmy Butler is one of the best interviews in the game. But check the facts revealed, courtesy of the Chicago Sun-Times, and tell me this isn’t one of the best NBA fashion talks you’ve ever read.
- He says he would never wear a Heat jersey, moving the Bulls-Heat feud forward in the smallest way possible while also guaranteeing that if he ever signs with the Heat in the next decade, someone will be able to bring this up and be like, “Gotcha.”
- He loves “colorful pants” so much that he mentions them twice over the course of six questions.
- J-But is also probably the first NBA player of recent vintage to come out in favor of cowboy boots. Considering he’s the NBA’s reigning Mr. Country, this shouldn’t be too surprising, but still.
- Jimmy Butler says he “usually” doesn’t wear socks, but literally every time I’ve ever seen Jimmy Butler he’s been wearing socks.
- He likes to have fresh breath nearly as much as he likes to have fresh earrings/colorful pants.
So there you go, five bullet points worth of why Jimmy Butler might be the best NBA interview about fashion yet. None of this “Guys need to tighten up their silhouettes and be adventurous” nonsense, just some straight-up “Hey, I love cowboy boots and colored pants,” which is a nice chance of pace, I think. At the very least, it’s nice to see what I am assuming is his prom picture.
(via Beyond the Buzzer)