Every Friday for the remainder of the NBA playoffs, I’m going to collect numbers that I think you might find interesting and post them without commentary. Inspired by the monthly “Harper’s Index” that Harper’s Magazine has published since 1984, these posts will hopefully enlighten, surprise, entertain and occasionally inflame you. When deemed necessary, I’ll include links to the source material. Note: One of the stats in each post might be made up — click on the source links to discover which one is fake.
- Out of 11 field goal attempts by the Miami Heat in the final seven minutes of Game Two of the 2010-11 NBA Finals, number of shots taken from 15 feet or more away from the basket: 10 1
- Out of nine games played on the road in the 2010-11 NBA Playoffs, the number of games where the Dallas Mavericks fell behind by at least 10 points before they came back to win the game: 4
- Since the NBA Finals went to a 2-3-2 format in 1985, the number of times a Finals series has been tied at 1-1 after two games: 11 2
- Number of times the winner of Game Three in those 11 series went on to win the championship: 11 2
- Number of games (out of 17) the Miami Heat have held their opponents to under 100 points in the 2010-11 playoffs: 16